- Bearing Type: Ball Bearing
- Cooling System: Oil & Water Cooled
- Turbine Housing: Externally Wastegated, available in 0.63a/r, 0.82a/r or 1.06a/r
- Base Flange: T3 Single Entry
- Exhaust Outlet Flange: V-Band
- Horsepower: 450-850hp
- Displacement: 2.0L - 4.5L
- Previous Part Number: 836047-5002S
Part Number Reference:
- 0.63a/r 856801-5069S
- 0.82a/r 856801-5068S
- 1.06a/r 856801-5067S
Features of the Garrett GTX GEN II:
GTX GEN II compressor wheels were designed using proprietary Honeywell computer simulation technology focusing on CFD analysis to optimize the wheel design to reach maximum efficiency and mass flow for each turbocharger. Each GTX GEN II turbocharger has the ability to create more air mass flow, offering enthusiasts a wider range of power output when tuning the vehicle. The 8mm dual ceramic ball bearing cartridge provides optimal turbo response and reliability through its reduction in shaft motion. The GEN II GTX Series Turbochargers feature a fully-machined compressor inlet, fully-machined compressor outlet, and fully-machined ported shroud.
Garrett also added a brand new compressor housing featuring a high-flowing design matched perfectly for the new compressor wheel upgrade. GEN II compressor housings are not interchangeable with GEN I compressor wheels; however, all GEN II turbochargers are outline interchangeable with the equivalent GT and GTX GEN I product. The new compressor housings are equipped with a fully machined speed sensor port that accepts the Garrett by Honeywell speed sensor (Sold separately). This feature allows tuners to understand existing operating conditions, which is important when fine tuning a turbocharger to its most efficient operating conditions. The speed sensor port comes plugged from the factory and can be removed using a 5mm allen key when ready to install a speed sensor kit.
All GEN II GTX series turbochargers are compatible with existing GT and GTX turbine housings kits.
- The GTX3582R GEN II is outline interchangeable with any existing GT3582R and GTX3582R T3 In/V-Band Out turbochargers
- Supplied with Turbine Housing Oulet V-Band Clamp